Get to Know Us
While the building is not open to the public at this time, there are still a number of ways for you to join us virtually and learn more about our community, including our Podcasts, Bank Street Connects events and our Virtual Open Houses.
All episodes are moderated by Jeremy Brisiel, parent of two School for Children students.
- Upper School Election Special
- Back to School with Interim Dean Doug Knecht
- STEAM at Bank Street
- Autumn Town Hall Meeting
- All Things Lower School with Emily and Melanie
- Social Justice & Equity with Coy Dailey (Part 1)
- Social Justice & Equity with Coy Dailey (Part 2)
- Math & Literacy with Sally and José
Supporting Families In This Moment
The Mental Health Team at Bank Street School for Children hosts meetings for parents of current students to learn strategies for supporting children’s mental health and social-emotional well-being. We hope that the recorded presentations below can be of help to you and your family.
Bank Street Connects: Our Virtual Gathering Place
Bank Street Connects provides a weekly space where the Bank Street community can participate in activities and engage in a social atmosphere in real-time without being physically together.
Below are recordings of past Bank Street Connects.
- “Language Values” Workshop (October)
- Managing Stress and Building Resilience During COVID-19 (May)
- Using Affective Questions to Repair Harm and Restore Relationships With Family Members (May)
- Being the Grownup Love, Limits, and the Natural Authority of Parenthood While Sheltering in Place (May)
- Healthy Living During A Pandemic (May)
- Nurturing Mental Health Within Our Homes (April)
- Home Health Care: What to Do When You’re Coming and Going? (April)
- Parenting During a Pandemic: What is Good Enough? (April)
Virtual Open Houses
At Bank Street School for Children, attendance at a Virtual Open House is an important step in the application process. We hold both morning and evening Virtual Open Houses for parents of children who will be entering our 3/4s (Nursery) through 12/13s (Grade 7).Our remaining Virtual Open House is on Wednesday, January 13 from 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM (All Grades).